From the Wires
Sysomos, Brian Solis Present Free Webinar, "Impacting Business with Social Media"
August 18 Event, Together With New White Paper, Teach Attendees How to Build the Business Case for Social Media Within Their Organization
Aug. 16, 2011 01:36 PM
TORONTO -- (Marketwire) -- 08/16/11 -- Brian Solis, principal, Altimeter Group and author of Engage!, and co-host Nygel Weishar, Sysomos' social media & community relations specialist, will present "Impacting Business with Social Media," a free one-hour webinar on August 18. This expert-led session will show attendees how to build the business case for social media and how to champion it through the organization to build online buzz, brand and the company's bottom line.
Many companies have fallen behind the curve and the competition because social media isn't already part of their business strategy, and many marketers and PR professionals have realized that it can be difficult to get the company-wide buy-in for social media they need to ensure success. This webinar, together with Sysomos' new white paper, "Building the Business Case for Social Media," will equip digital marketers and companies alike with practical applications for implementing a social media strategy and illustrate why it's critical for businesses to market their brands and services via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social networks. Attendees will learn more about:
- Social media benefits: Metrics, new studies and examples
- Common roadblocks: Typical management misgivings and strategies for countering each
- Social media strategy templates and best practices for B2B and B2C companies
- How social media insights can be leveraged throughout the organization
- Measurement and monitoring tips: How to track the value of your social media program and prove it to management
- What the C-suite must know to sign off on implementing social media
- What: Free webinar "Impacting Business with Social Media"(#blsm)
- When: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 10 a.m. PDT / 1 p.m. EDT
Note: The session is 60 minutes in length and is archived for later viewing. All registrants receive access to the archived webinars.
- Who: Brian Solis (@briansolis) principal, Altimeter Group and author of Engage!, and co-host Nygel Weishar (@nweishar) Sysomos' social media & community relations specialist
- To Register: Click here to register for "Impacting Business with Social Media"
Brian Solis, principal, Altimeter Group and author of Engage!
"Social Media today is synonymous with marketing and communications and to a lesser extent, customer service. To truly impact a business through social media, it must touch all facets of the company and in turn, reinvigorate processes and methodologies around meaningful listening and engagement. Doing so creates a holistic approach where social media becomes additive, bringing to life a new era of brand relevance."
- Download the white paper, "Building a Business Case for Social Media. A Guidebook to the Benefits of Social Media and How to Sell it to the C-Suite"
- Visit the Sysomos business library for social media
- Visit the Sysomos website
- Explore the Sysomos blog
This webinar is part of a partnership between Sysomos and CommPRO.biz that will see the two organizations collaborate on studies, social media and multimedia content, white papers and professional development events through 2011 into 2012.
Sysomos offers social media monitoring and analytics products that give corporations, marketers, public relations agencies and advertisers the intelligence and insight needed to make smarter business and strategic decisions. The Sysomos platform brings business intelligence to social media, giving you instant and unlimited access to all social media conversations so you can quickly see what's happening, why it's happening and who's driving the conversations. Through the use of contextual text analytics and data mining technology, Sysomos collects billions of social media conversations from blogs, Twitter, social networks, message boards, wikis and a growing number of major news sources.
About Brian Solis
Brian Solis is principal at Altimeter Group, a research-based advisory firm. Solis is globally recognized as one of the most prominent thought leaders and published authors in new media. A digital analyst, sociologist, and futurist, Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging media on business, marketing, publishing, and culture. His current book, Engage!, is regarded as the industry reference guide for businesses to build and measure success in the social web.